Powder tablet pressing machine

piscis

My customer has a powder tablet pressing machine from a company not longer in business. I was asked to replace the feedback from the load cell from the original controllers to an analog PLC card from AD 260CPU.

Question:

Based on the specs I have for this load cell, does anyone know what component I need between the Load Cell and the analog PLC?

Specs:

GAUGE EXCITATION VOLTAGE: 10.00 VDC

CHANNEL NUMBER: 2

PRESS MOUNTED GAUGE CALIBRATION: 2.8329 mV/V

@ CALIBRATED LOAD: 6.96 TONS

MAX. GAUGE OUTPUT:28.3 mVDC.

FIXED GAIN RESISTOR: 1.18K OHMS.

MAX.PRESS LOAD: 20.00

RATIO=1: 0.3478

Thanks for your help

How fast is the press running (PPM)? These presses can run very fast you need to make sure that any signal conditioner is quick enough for the speed of the press. You should also check the speed of the analog input. One last thing is to look at what is to be done with the analog input. If it is to be used for die protection you may need something faster than you will get with a PLC.

Can anyone recommend a supplier for these signal amplifiers-conditioners?

CharlesM:

The signal will be used for adjusting the stroke length, on the fly. A servo will be doing the adjusting in response to the strain gauge signal.

Thanks