PLC-500 A.I. Series

polpol

I've just started my new job. A main feature of it is to have a look at the files of an old 1996-system made with PLC-500 A.I. Series. However, it doesn't seem possible to run ab500-I get the message

"Not INT 24h, or didn't originate in real mode!
Fatal error TNT.10049: Out of stack buffers, CS:EIP are in error values:ddr:1
Err values = 0000000Fh 00024343hig:WinLinx Driver (Decimal)

or any other executable on winxp platform. Are there any suggestions for runnning the exes or alternatives for opening the files (.rss, .ach etc)? Thanks in advance

Last edited:
A.I. is DOS based software, find an older computer using a DOS operating system. Windows 98 may work because it offers a DOS prompt window.

AI want to allocate memory with an end run around the OS, something WIN OSs are not going to allow. However there is a work around.
Instead of using the menu program which comes with AI, launch the offline or online version of the software that you need directly from the command line prompt. Look in your AI directory and run the dos command dir *.exe. It will show you all the executables which are launched from the menu. Its been a long time since I used AI, but IIRC the offline editor is named something like off0.EXE or something like that and the online is on0.exe or something similar.

I can confirm that AI software will run under Win95/98. "Dot" commands are very usefull once it is running. I have a list of these if you you would like.