Siemens S7-200 Programming Question

tspisak

I'm new to the Siemens plc and Step7 software. I have a S7-200 and I like to combine a bunch of alarm bits (%m10.0-%m10.7 & %m11.0-%m11.7) into one "alarm_present" bit (%m0.0).

Is there a easy/clever way to do this other that putting all the bits in parallel? I'm used to programming A-B plcs and just putting in a not equal compare statement for the word. I haven't found the correct command to do this yet.

2nd question: Should I upgrade from v3.2 to v4.0?

Last edited:
You can use the Compare byte instruction (<>B) and check if your byte(s) are equal to 0. If not then set the alarm bit (M0.0).
You could break your word to bytes (I assume you use one word or more for alarm set conditions).

Hope this helps.

Similar Topics

I have an opportunity to quote an HMI project for one of my customers. It's a small project, and the customer is not the type with deep pockets...
Replies
Views
Hello Folks, I am new to the forum, and to programming. I have made an attempt at a program with Microwin for a particular application and would...
Replies
Views
Dear Friends, I need Programming software for Siemens S7-200 PLC. Is there any free version available. I googled out but find nothing.
Replies
Views
Hello, I am currently doing a Siemens PLC course at TAFE (Australian after school education). I have purchased a Siemens S7-222 PLC so I can...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm desperate, confused, and it's late at night. I forgot how to go online to a S7-200 with my Siemens field PG. Which protocol do i...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom