Videos

I have not used WME so can not offer a comparison, actually never heard of it till now. Looking at the site now.
I couldn't get the WME to record something like the webinar I did where you could see the machine and the software at the same time.

That is what I am working on now, creating movies of the software running along with the machine or...

The screen recorder pretty much works just like a camera would, you click F2 to start recording and F2 again to stop when you want. It is free and as you can see works.

I am still working on the "HOW" because of synchronization issues. I have too get a larger hard drive and add more memory before I can do any big videos.

Peter all the ZDsoft thing does is capture video from the monitor screen. I was looking at using Windows Movie Maker, or whatever program will work, to combine clips to make one video. WMM appears to require the clips to be contiguous so will have to experiment more before I know if I can do what I want. I am sure I can do what I want, just not sure yet what I need and how hard it is to do.

Can you explain exactly what WME does?

Ron, you saw the webinar where you could see the machinery and the diagnostic/setup software at the same time. I wish this was recorded. WME can record audio and the screen at the same time. The problem I had with WME is that the screen capture slows down significantly when it is trying to capture the image from the webcam too. I have spent many hours with WME and it works well for a free program but it isn't good enough for serious use. WME is free and was installed when I installed WINXP. One can get updates from Microsh!t for free. I was hoping you found something better with the zdsoft. I need something that can record what is on my screen and the audio at the same time. It must also be be fast enough to record the webcam too.

When I got that all I wanted was something to record a screen capture. I see that ZDSoft does have a program called Video Recorder that records what you see and hear; http://www.zdsoft.com/video-recorder/

It has a download available to try out so may be worth the effort, cheap though so would not expect much but you never know.

As I mentioned I need a bigger hdd so it will be a few days before I can experiment further with the video.

not bad... there's no codec selection, but i guess it can be recompressed anyway... at least it works quite well in 1280x1024... i'm (was!) using old hypercam, which always fail in bigger resolutions trying to make demonstration from my opengl apps...