Mitsubishi Q02 PLC Retentive Registers

tgoulding

I need to store some setpoint values in a Mitsubishi Q02 PLC that don't get lost after a power loss. I've been told I need to use the 'ZR' registers (File Registers) of which there are up to 32K available to me. How and where do I set these up for use.
Also can I just move values from 'D' registers to the 'ZR' registers using a standard 'Mov' instruction continually when powerd up, then on a power up situation move the values stored in the 'ZR' registers back to the 'D' registers thus maintaining the setpoint values.
Any help would be appreciated.

Why don't you just use D registers? all you need to do is make D file latched (or any other file). just go to Parameters, PLC Parameters, Devices and specify range you need. Note difference for Latch1 and Latch2 (read below):

Q-Devices.gif

Last edited: