Must upgrade a Total Control screens with a new Ez-Touch

piscis

Does anyone here have the software for the Total Control’s Smart Touch HMI screen model HMI80100A2P?

I ONLY need to upload the screens and the customer do not have the software and GE does not make it anymore.

Does anyone know if I need a Hardware Key for just uploading these screens? Is the software called SmartScreen or Touchview? Where can I download it?

Thanks all for your help.

Based on a quick reading of an old Smart Touch user manual, it looks like you need an IBM AT-style keyboard and what they called a "Smart Key Converter". You need the keyboard connected so that you can get to the HMI's menus to put it into the mode to transfer the files to the computer.

The part number for the converter and cable was HMI-KBA-001.

The software was called Smart Touch offline editor. I don't know if there is any place where you can download it. Try searching through PLCCenter.com for either the converter or the software.