PLC5/SLC500 database ASCII export

svetagl

PLC5/SLC500 ASCII export only shows I/O tags which are configured (have description in them)
When I click on the Data File I or O I can see other tags with data in them but since they don't have any description they don't show up in the database.

Is it possible to export all the points in .csv/.txt format even if they are not configured (have description in them) or is it impossible?

The symbol/description database only contains entries for points which have been given a symbol or description. No symbol/description, no data base entry - not even a reserved slot is in the DB.

What is it you are trying to do? Are you trying to get a listing of all memory usage? If so you can get this using a SLC library file export or by printing a report.

I am trying to see what is in the field. Not only the files defined in database but everything.

I have PLC5 and SLC 5/04 with only 2 tags/files defined in db but I want a list of everything in the modules even if they are not defined.

I think your best bet at this point will be to export the program file to a library file and then edit the library file in wordpad so that you have only what you need. I've done this before and though it sounds like a pain in the butt at first its really not all that bad.

You could also export the DB to a CSV and then open the CSV in excel and edit it there. By the way, you can use Excel's autofill for generating addresses. Just enter B3/0 and B3/1 in two consecutive rows and then drag down. It will fill in all the rest for you. This is handy. Now if you import it back in you'll create blank DB entrys for all of the unlabeled addresses as well.

For anyone who wants it, I attached an Excel spreadsheet for creating data base imports which has column labels as well as some formatting to indicate when a field is too long. After you make all of your entries just delete the first row column headings and save as a CSV file.

Last edited:
Solution?

Have you considered edgeware?
Unfortunately, for some reason, I am not able to establish the link. Please visit a search engine - yahoo for example, and search for edge controller.

Contact me for additional details if interested.

Last edited:
I tried to use this file - it gives me error - Could not IMPORT the CSV documenatation database files.

It is a great idea but how would I know how many B3 elements there? Or I:2/0 - I:2/....?

So I need manually look up at the file - see how many elements and then write in in .xls or is there any general guide for I/O modules how many it supports?

In a data file O0 I see 0:3.0; 0:4.0 etc but only 0:3.0 is commented. And if I want 0:4.0 in my database I need to look it up - put in .csv file to generate?

It is so confusing.