RSView32 trendx 3.42(CPR 7) doesnt accumulate data

briana banks

Hi All

I'm using RSView32 7.2
RSView32 trendx 3.42(CPR 7) doesn't accumulate data.

in addition,when i use placeholders as pens it seems that it doesn't support placeholders .

Why?

Thanks

Tag placeholders? Welcome to the frustration.

As for historical trending, even though you specify a directory in your project, you have to create the directory.

I have used tag placeholders with RS trending. give me a little while and I will research it and tell you how.

*** It was with RSView ME, sorry.

Last edited:
I don't know about Trendx, but in the RSView32 Trend Pen Configuration program, I was able to insert a tag placeholder (# followed by a number) with no problems, as shown below.

Trend_Tag_Substituion2.jpg

Last edited:
briana banks said:
I'm using RSView32 7.2
RSView32 trendx 3.42(CPR 7) doesn't accumulate data.

We recently found that operators were leaving trends open. After a few days, the trend stopped collecting data. We could close and reopen the trend screen to restore it back to normal.

The problem was that we hadn't configured the live data collection on the trend. It was updating every second (or faster). After a few days the trend buffer must've filled up. By closing and reopening the screen we were forcing it to restore from data recorded on the hard drive (logged once/minute, as configured in our datamodel).

To fix the problem, I changed the update rate on the trend object.

Could this also be your problem?