mitsubishi FX2N

topalisg

Recently I have reicived a mitsubishi FX2N PLC and I have never worked with mitsubishi PLCs. The program is stored in EEPROM and I want to transer it to ram. How can I do it?

I havnt tried this but have used FX2n without eeprom so maybe if you download the programm from eeprom,remove eeprom and upload to PLC the progamm should go straight to ram

Thank you very much Davefinic. My problem is that I dont have the software for mitsubishi PLCs (but I can find it) and that I have never worked with mitsubishi plc.
Can you write how can I download the program from eeprom to my pc and then how to upload it to the ram?
Moreover do you know if there is any way to transfer the program from the eeprom to ram without the use of pc?

As far as i know, you'll need a copy of the Mitsubishi PLC Programming software. GX-Developer Version 8 is the most up to date. Im don't think there is any way to download from the EEPROM to your PC without the Mitsubishi software.

Once you have GX-Developer installed, Davefinic suggestion should work. Upload from the EEPROM, (save the code), remove the EEPROM, then when you download the code it should go straight to RAM. Like Davefinic i've never tried this.

Another thing to try is in the "Online" tab (at the top of the GX-Developer software), there are two options, one for 'Write to PLC' the other is 'Write to PLC(FLASH ROM)'. If your select 'Write to PLC' i think it will write to the RAM.

Hope this makes sense and helps

If youre going to start using mitsis then gx developer is a great easy to use programme, after a long break from working with plcs and using the old medoc software i found the gx developer was a much more user friendly and veratile tool worth every penny. As an apprentice i worked on siemens the old 115s and i can tell you coding mitsis is far easier, but everyone will have there own opinion on this subject and this is just mine.