PanelView Plus Authentication

kakale

I just saw a Thread where some of you tried to explain to other users that they can authenticate a Panelview plus with a Domain Controller. Right Now we have a Domain COntroller connected to our terminals, and we are not able to do it. We have RSview ME... Someone told me that this was not possible with RSviewME that we will have to use RsviewSE, but I dont know about that.

DO any of you have a procedure or something that I could check on to how to autehnticate PanelView Plus with a Domain COntroller.

Thanks

Just to clarify, am I correct that you want operators to be able to log on to a PanelView Plus using the same user name and password that they use as part of Windows? (Of course, the domain controller is authenticating the user.)

If this is the case, when you create your program in RSView Studio software, you should be able to pull user names from your domain controller into the RSView ME program.

In the User Accounts editor, you can select Windows Users and groups when you are assigning RSView ME security. There are 2 things to keep in mind, however:

1. If you choose Windows Users and Groups, any other user accounts you have created in RSView Studio will be deleted.

2. If a new user account is added to the domain controller, you will have to update the RSView ME project (the .med file), create a new .mer file, and download the new file to the PanelView Plus.

Hope this helps.
Rick