Wow

There can be an issue with those processors where the battery backed memory can be dumped even if there is a new battery in the processor. I would also guess that this would be the reason for the 60% credit.

dash said:
There can be an issue with those processors where the battery backed memory can be dumped even if there is a new battery in the processor. I would also guess that this would be the reason for the 60% credit.
Ah hah. Are there any official tech notes, alerts or such from AB? Can you provide a link please?

If you do upgrade to the L6x processors for battery issue, then ensure that you get the series B processor. The series A did not have the upgrade related to the battery. Also the series B has the compact flash port on the front, so you no longer would need to remove the processor to access the cf port.

Good point Oakley! Specify Series B or Rockwell will ship Series A.
Also, Series B will save eveything to the flash card on powerdown. Nice feature.

Actually, the way they word it in the marketing material is misleading. The flash memory they are talking about is actually on the circuit board in the processor. You do not have to install a compact flash card to get the benefit of the longer battery life.

Darren

dash said:

I have had the exact same experience with a few CompactLogix L32 processors - anyone else?

lexarius said:
Helpany one, please
FLEX I/O 1794 ID2 and SMC stroke reading cylinder- no readings

lexarius, please start another thread and provide detailed description of the problem. "no reading" could indicate that unit is not even powered up or wired correctly.

Same issue here, VPNed into a customer site because the system wasn't running and the memory was cleared. Thank God for VPN, customer is 3 hours away.

Marc

Rockwell has generally handled limitations of older hardware to utilize cool new features by offering replacement incentives. It also allows them to move out having to support older hardware faster.

jkrom said:
I have had the exact same experience with a few CompactLogix L32 processors - anyone else?

We had a situation with the Compact battery. I asked my local AB person for the white paper but he hasn't gotten back to me (over a year later).

Rockwell did replace a number of L30 processors using the NetENI mobules with L32Es due to the Ethernet connection limit of the NetENI modules for us so we could accomplish what we wanted and they did not need to support the older hardware.