Quantum 424 & PC7

khalid_inayat

hi, everybody,

i have to communicate modicon quantum 424 PLC with PCS7 (Scada Side) through modbus TCP/IP..
Quantum 424 has two ports Modbus & ModbusPlus,,,

Can i use the same ModbusPlus port for this communication or have to use separate ethernet module...

i also wants to know which softwares i need ( i have proworx).to to establish modbus TCP/IP communications between 424 & PCS7..

Thanks in advance.......
Regards,
Khalid

There are several mutually exclusive communications ports available on the Quantum CPU and various expansion cards. The ports on the 424 CPU are serial ports, not Ethernet. You will either need an Ethernet to serial converter (ProSoft and others make them) or else add an Ethernet expansion card like the NOE 511 00.

I'm not sure what a PCS7 is (Siemens maybe?) so I can't help you there.

The Quantum can initiate communications using the MSTR function in 984 Ladder logic (your ProWORX software). This is easy to implement using the Modbus Plus port or by adding an NOE module.

The most typical method is to have the Quantum respond to communications requests generated by your PCS7. In this case there is no programming needed in the Quantum and you could even use the Modbus serial port if speed is not an issue.

As Tom mentioned, you will have to get an ethernet bridge device. Each bridge device will have its own set up procedure.

Thanks for your replies,

it means then i only need 140NOE77110 (which is modbus over TCP/IP)in quantum rack. and there is no need of serial to ethernet converter.
ist there any special software to program 140NOE77110. or only by ProWorx.

Regards,
Khalid