ACAD Electrical 2006

russrmartin

This is not a PLC question, but I thought someone here could possibly answer this. It's actually a basic ACAD question. I have recently upgraded to 2006. Previously in 2004, I did all of my edits in paper space. I can no longer do so in 2006. My question is, does anyone know why, and even better yet, what is a good definition of paper space and model space. The help file does not mention either as far as I can tell. Thanks.

Russ

I can edit in paper space without any issues. Can you post an example? Perhaps it's a simple setting that needs to be changed.

Model space: The area where the physical model is drawn.
Paper space: A layout sheet with a window cut out in it, to view the model.
by moving in or out you change what can be seen through the cutout.

model space is the main drawing area in Autocad.
Paper space is an area used in Autocad to plot (print) the drawing created in model space. Paper space is a lot more powerful than simply letting us plot the entire model space drawing, we can set up views called Viewports within the paper space area to separately show different areas of the model space drawing.

http://www.autocadcentral.com/Tutorials/Lesson%2010/lesson10.htm