RSView Studio Help

anks

Hi,

I am using RSView studio to design screen for my PanelviewPlus 700 which will be communicating with my SLC500.

I have used Automation Direct EZTouch & Maple systems HMI software before & I am pretty comfortable designing those.

But on RSView I am not able to figue out how to start, where am I suppose to put the PLC address in that,
say for ex. I need to put a push button on my screen that will set my PLC bit high/ low how am I suppose to do that, can I directly put B3:1/0 in RSView studio tag connections....like I use to do for other HMI software or is there some different procedure.

I was going through the manual and it has types of tags like data server tags, memory tags etc..and I am totally confused.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

With the installation CD, there are many examples of the screen configuration. Not to be rude, but you should spend more time looking at the resources that Rockwell supplies with the purchased software. Everything you need is already in your hands.

Do you have the PLC and PVP in front of you? If so, open the rslinx enterprise tab on the project tree and double click communication setup.

This will pop up a window where you will define a "device shortcut" (topic). Create a topic name (slc505XXX) whatever you will remember. On the right side of this window you will see a window that appears similar to a RSLinx RSWHO windows. Select the driver and device you want the PVP to talk to (the SLC) and click apply. Now click copy and ok.

You have now created the link to the processor.

Now open the HMI tags tab on the project tree, you should see an empty tag editor or one that shows a system folder.

Go to the top menu and select edit/other databases.

This will pop up the import PLC tags dialog.

The first field is a folder. Depending on which version of RSview studio you are using, you may have to create a folder name ... some versions you can leave this blank. The next field is RSLinx topic. ENTER OUR SHORTCUT NAME HERE EXACTLY AS YOU CREATED IT.

You can then browse to your PLC program and select it. Once you do that the list will populate with all of the tags in the PLC. If you created tags in the plc check the symbols radio button. If you want to use the actual address pick addresses and symbols.

Either selct the one you want or you can import them all by selecting them all and clicking OK.

No problem,

Lemme know if you run into any more snags. I had some trouble myself when I started using studio so I know where your comming from.

Marc