electrical symbols

ready961

Hello
I would like to learn the meaning of electrical symbols for like capcitors and diodes and so on. Anyone know where I can find a good chart of the web? Also for PLC symbols?

ready961 said:
Hello
I would like to learn the meaning of electrical symbols for like capcitors and diodes and so on. Anyone know where I can find a good chart of the web? Also for PLC symbols?

You will find a lot of good info here: http://www.patchn.com/electron.htm

It is a good idea to learn what the components do and how they are used, not just what the symbol is. Symbols are no good to you unless you know what the part does or more importantly, what will happen in the circuit if it does not work. Ron's site and others contain great resources for learning!

p.s. another good idea is to use a spell checker when you communicate in writing!

Any good electrical or electronics text will have standard symbols in the text or in an appendix, as well as an explanation of what each device does. Most CAD programs come with standard symbols as part of the program.