Siemens timer in-accurate

g.robert

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have zero experieince with Siemens. I'm an AB guy. I have a potential customer that has an existing set up of:

HMI is a Siemens TD 200
Siemens CPU 212, but I think it died so they had it updated to a Siemens CPU 222

I am going to look at it today. They say that one or more timers are erratic. They enter 10 minutes and get a different outcome everytime. According to them it is never the same. I have to assume (as I have no further information at this time) according to them that this worked for years.
All I can offer them is to replace with AB. Any pointers to check before recommending this? What software do I need to look at both devices?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Similar Topics

Hi! i'm just wondering did there is any chance to change Set Time(TV) on Siemens plc timer without step 7 using c# or python if timer not set in...
Replies
Views
I have been doing Siemens for a while now. Just wondering what everyone prefers and why. I typically stick with the IEC_TIMER, but is there pros...
Replies
Views
Hi there I'm guessing this is a straightforward one but after much experimenting I've been unable to find an answer. The software is TIA V16...
Replies
Views
Tried Googling and searching this forum for the answer to this, but no luck, so figured start a new post to see if anyone can help me...or confirm...
Replies
Views
Dear Sir, can you explain that how can we implement the timer s5t Timer time base changes in plc working program. as i have changed the timer...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom