How in the heck did I join the PM club?

tom_stalcup

Lifetime Supporting Member
PM from Bala_mk
hi
can u help in extracting bits of a word to bits in LL984 logic

I'm going to assume this was supposed to go to Tom Jenkins.....

And that Bala_mk is being helped in THIS thread, or maybe THIS one...

I get a couple each week.

What is the big deal? They usually are asking for more details on something I wrote. Rarely I get a 'random' PM from relatively new people. I would hope they would PM DickDV before PMing me if they have a question about drives or PM Tom Jenkins if they have a question about sewage treatment. Some times it does appear that the new people will PM those that have just recently posted instead of searching for the experts in the area they are interested in.

So is it the type of PM you are complaining about or the fact you get PMed at all? I see PMs as a handy tool.

I have PMed people asking for clarification on points.

Peter,

This is a case of multiple people getting the same PM message instead of the question being posted on the open forum.

I agree, Peter. This isn't a big deal, and I usually don't find it annoying. I almost always simply ask them to re-post the same question on the site so they can both get better answers and let all benefit from the info.

What is the big deal? They usually are asking for more details on something I wrote. Rarely I get a 'random' PM from relatively new people. I would hope they would PM DickDV before PMing me if they have a question about drives or PM Tom Jenkins if they have a question about sewage treatment. Some times it does appear that the new people will PM those that have just recently posted instead of searching for the experts in the area they are interested in.

So is it the type of PM you are complaining about or the fact you get PMed at all? I see PMs as a handy tool.

I have PMed people asking for clarification on points.

And I've pm'd people before as well... And I've responded to people asking me for clarification on something... And I've responded to people asking me for software on a piece of equipment I posted a question about 2 years ago...
It is a useful tool.

I was more posting this for the humerous side than anything else, not really complaining. I don't even know enough about his question to recognize which plc he is asking a question about.... Which was really the direction of my post...

Not "why am I getting pm's" but more "why am I getting pm's about this subject".

Perhaps someone could PM him and ask him to respond to some of the questions people have asked in the threads that have been started so far....

Peter Nachtwey in part said:
I would hope they would PM Tom Jenkins if they have a question about sewage treatment.

Perhaps Chicago's Mayor daley will be PMing Tom soon. He was on the news tonight complaining why the beaches have to be closed, blaming Milwaukee for dumping one million gallons of yeeech! into Lake Michigan.

First, how do they know it was Milwaukee

Second, how do they know it was a million gallons

Third, I live on the Illinois River. If you follow the Chicago "sanitary" canal to Joliet, it merges something else (Cal Sag perhaps) and the Des Plaines river, and suddenly becomes the Illinois. You should see what we get down here! And in Peoria, they used to get sewage barges that dumped more Yeeeech! into bogs down in Fulton County.

My lord, by the time it gets to New Orleans...........