anyone pls help me on my assignment....

joanthegreat

im only starting learning plc... its just been a week that my class started... my prof gave this assignment. can someone help me answer this.. im using this logosoft simulator..and ive never used that simulator, just now. anyone who uses that simulator pls. make the diagram of this problem and post the file,,,if that is possible.. it will be a real big help.

here is the situation.

a motor is to be started using a start push button and stop using a separate button.three lapms will be used to monitor the status of the motor. a thermal overload relay is also added tp provide motor protection.

maybe for those who knows alot about plc this is just an easy question... hope you can help me.

thanks!!!!

is your purpose to learn it or to make somebody else doing it for you?

joanthegreat said:
but im not that good at the simulator yet.. ive only started using it today..

well... but you still have to start in some way, take that paper....and draw... inputs, outputs... then try connect them using boolean logic to fullfill destiny of your project... and then... realize 'how to do it in simulator' ... and then... is right time for question :)

If we do your assignment for you then you won't learn anything - but to help you out I will restate your problem for you in another way.

If Start_Button and NOT Stop_Button then turn on Motor.

Now we need something to keep the motor on after someone lets go of the start button, so we want to add to the statement.

If Start_Button OR Already_Running and NOT Stop_button then turn on Motor.

Now convert that to logic.

yeah,, sorry,, im not trying to be lazy and not do my own assignment.i really wanna learn alot about plc. its just that im desperate and i dont have the slightest idea how to start.
thanks for the help... ill read some tutorial and try answering that problem....