Totalizer for S7

bosko1

I have a totalizer for Flow already created in my program, but I'm wondering if S7 has a built in function that does the same thing?

Hello bosko;

Here ia a link to a Siemens support webpage that will allow you to download a totalizer function for the S7:

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?query=totalizer+S7&func=cslib.cssearch&content=skm%2Fmain.asp&lang=en&siteid=cseus&objaction=cssearch&searchinprim=0&nodeid0=4000024

As long as you are going to work with S7 PLCs, you really should get familiar with Siemens supoort, and the Search functionnalities implemented there; you might find a lot of answers to the questions you have been asking.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

dchartier said:
As long as you are going to work with S7 PLCs, you really should get familiar with Siemens supoort, and the Search functionnalities implemented there; you might find a lot of answers to the questions you have been asking.

Good point Daniel, but.....

Why go to the hassle of searching through the minefield that is the Siemens support web site, when you can get excellent answers to your questions here?

Paul

Good point Paul but .....

It seems to me what Daniel did was to go to the most basic entry point in the Siemens' support site http://support.automation.siemens.com/ and do a search for 'totalizer S7'.
The "hassle of searching through the minefield that is the Siemens support web site" ? Oh, come now, it's not that bad, it's just its reputation!

Regards

Ken

Hey Ken;

If you keep exposing my secrets this way, I won't ever be any use anymore to anyone on this forum...:rolleyes:

But you are right. I find so many queries here start with "Why doen't this manufacturer do this the same way as my prefered manufacturer!?! They can't do this to me!".
Simple : he doen't because he developped his system on a different base, and there are no rules. So you have to adapt to the learning curve if you have to change product, and learn to use all tools provided, including manuals and support websites.

Just my 2 cents' worth,
Daniel Chartier

Daniel

It wasn't that much of a secret - your link still showed the search term you'd used to reach the answer!

Regards

Ken