Modicon-Momentum Instructions

Disar

Hello,

Does anyone know of a simple way to move a constant into a set of registers using the Modicon Ladder Logic language (Proworx NT software)?

I need to store a zero into five consecutive registers (40200-40204), this is how I thought I could do it:

SUB 0 minus zero and store that into reg. 40199 (This register and its value will be used twice).

Then do a R->T with my source register being 40199 (value I am storing), my destination/pointer being 40199 (Has pointer of 0 and begins storing into 40200).

Does this make any sense or is it complete garbage?

Thanks alot for the help.

The pointer value has to increment to point to the next element in the table, so it can't be used to put a 0 in every element. If the pointer were to stay at 0 you would just keep putting 0 into the first element of the table.

I just set the value of a register equal to zero, name it ZERO, and use it for nothing but being = 0. Then I use the BLKM (Block Move) command to zero out any registers as needed.

If your using 984LL, the easiest way to zero consectutive registers is to use the XOR block

in your case....

Top node: 40200 (source table)
Middle node: 40200 (destination table)
Bottom node: #5 (length)

All good ideas for this problem. I like the ZERO register idea. It would help if I need it down the road again. The XOR seems pretty slick too. So many choices! Thanks!