RSLinx Help

plc-friend

Hi everybody.
I´m having problems with RSLinx Lite. I lost communication with a Micrologix 1000.
Communication worked without any problems for five months, but now I can´t stablish it.
I tried with the same cable and plc in another computer and everything was OK.
I installed the software again in my computer but nothing happens when I use the autoconfiguration button and the control panel says that the COM1 port is working OK.

autoconfiguration is not magic. Many times it just don't work, specially if you are using BCC as error detection method.

You or someone else could have change the com setting of the PLC even without realising it (specially when the thing asked them "are you sure...").

So here what you can try.

Use RSLinx and go into the configuration section and try different configuration.

BCC, speed/bits and all other settings.
CRC with the same other settings 8N1 for example.

What I'm trying to tell you is to Manually configure the driver to get the good stting.