To Upgrade or not to upgrade that is the questjion!

I have been asked by my maintenance manager, who has just gone out and bought himself a Field PG (against my best advice) if he should purchase Siemens SUS contract for step 7 rather than getting stung for upgrades when they come out. I already have the SUS contract for the 3 Field PG's in my department 1 for my desktop and 1 for my home computer. I upgrade all the time.

But I was wondering if anyone is still using step 7 version 5, or even 5.1 (latest version is 5.2) and how they manage with maintenance and upgrading of plant.

Regards

Barry Humphries

Similar Topics

Hi, I have had problem with upgrading some projects from v16 to v18. I tried it on 3 diffrent computers. I want to post this so that anyone that...
Replies
Views
Hi I was wondering I need to update the firmware of a 755 inverter does the drive hold the program on the drive and just updates the firmware or...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a 1764 1500 LSP Series A that keeps failing with DTL_E_FAIL I/O error. Searching around it seems there's a weird issue specifically...
Replies
Views
Am asking if we can upgrade sd ram and cf card of panel view plus ab by a normal sd ram and cf card but Allen Bradley to save cost because in ab...
Replies
Views
Hi Experts, I would like to make firmware upgrade from v3.0 to v4.5 (S7-1200 CPU 1215C). Can I do it from v3.0 to v4.5? Do I need to take some...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom