how to set up program for analog I/O

gkinslow

I have never set up from scratch new Analog I/O, only edited programs and worked around them.

I have a new project I am working on that requires me to install multiple analog inputs and outputs. I am working with voltage input and output. I need to be able to adjust the opening of proportion valves that have a transducer in them.

I have the cards puchased, where do I start as far as setting them up and programming them in? I am using 1746-NIO4V, NI8, & NO8V.

Greetings gkinslow,

and welcome to the forum ...

as Ken said, the best place to start is by reading the book ... then once you’ve got some specific questions, post them here and we’ll be glad to help you over any rough spots ... just a tip: it would be a good idea to nail down exactly in which slots of the chassis/rack you’ll be installing each of these modules ... and tell us how the valves, etc. in your system are going to be scaled ... the more that we know about your system, the more detailed we can make our answers ...

suggestion: post your .RSS file after you’ve installed the modules ... that will tell us a lot (but not everything) about how your system is configured ...

one of the main things that you’ll be interested in is whether to operate your modules in “Class 1” or “Class 3” mode ... this increased “flexibility” can make things a little more complicated the first time around - so be sure to look at the differences between the two options and decide which way you want to go ...