CompactLogix + Lantronix MSG

BillyJo

Hi !

Its my first post here and i need your help !

I want to send ASCII command text to a Sign(Led display) via a Lantronix UDS100 module... my PLC is a ControlLogix LXX.

I search on the web and found a PDF about what i want to do, but they use the Digi ONE IAP module from Rockwell... so config on Lantronix are not the same... i try a lot but my MSG instructions always in error... so i think the ControlLogix can't communicate with the Lantronix via Ethernet...

Did Lantronix release some EDS files ? to make units available with RsLinx ? i dont know how and where to go to make this possible...

Thanks again !

ASCII to Controllogix

I'm not entirely sure this can me done. Reason being that I don't believe the uds100 support ethernet/IP, rather only supports TCP/IP. I recommend using a product called DeviceMaster UP, which allows for ASCII serial devices to communicate to the ControlLogix PLC via Ethernet/IP, and can support write to file, write to tag, and write to tag synched.

If desired, contact me for details, and I would be happy to provide you with an evaluation unit free of charge for 60 days.

Thanks !

I do some research and i found this module :
Digi One IAP from Rockwell.

All info are HERE

I think this should do what i want, and seems to be very easy to configure.

I will check for cost between your DeviceMaster and the DigiOne.

Thanks again !!

Just following up

Not sure whether you made any final decisions or not yet, but I've looked into the product you had mentioned as well. It seems a bit complex in terms of setup and configuration, at least from what I'm used to. We're rolling out some new enhancements to our stack that you may also be able to take advantage of. I'm more than happy to extend an eval unit to you free of charge for 60 days if you'd like to see what we offer. Just let me know!