retentive ranges....

Retention in the AB PLC is determined by the instruction, not by the memory location. For example, use the OTL and OTU instructions for retentive bits, use RTO for a retentive timer, etc.

Yes, it includes loss of power.
Technically, all memory on the AB PLC is retentive. When the PLC first powers up it will perform a prescan where it will determine what should be reset and what should be retained according to the instruction.

You have the flexibility to use all of your memory as though it were all non-retentive or was all retentive - or you can group related bits right next to each other in memory and have some be retentive and others be nonretentive.

B3/0
---] [-----(OTE)--- Will not retain state of B3/0 when power returns after power failure.

B3/1
---] [-----(OTL)--- Will retain last state of B3/1 when power fails.