plc & sigmeter

you

hi all

any body know , how to connect output/input of sigmeter to plc output/input and how (code ,,,, program , ) could deal with.

thank you for your help

Yes, You is referring to the Sciemetric brand "SigMeter", a signature analysis meter.

Utilizing built-in Signature Analysis and real-time data processing Sciemetric's SigMETER Series provides validation of the spring-clip insertion process during the assembly of automotive dash panel.

Compatible with test and assembly stations equipped with such measurement sensors as LVDT’s (Linear Variable Displacement Transducers) and strain-gage type load cells, a Sciemetric SigMETER offers an unparalleled approach to "Force vs. Dispacement" comparisons. The instrument conditions and acquires inputs from both sensors as the mechanical fixture advances and performs the press operation.

Upon completion, with real-time speed and digital accuracy, the meter employs several of over three dozen built in processing and analysis tools to verify the insertion process.

Performing 100% sampled data processing and signature analysis while compensating for variations in sensor alignment by implementing built in 'auto calibration' functions and comparing waveform data against statistically derived and/or user defined limit windows, the system provides reliable PASS/FAIL results at the rate of four parts per minute. Unlike peak detection meters formerly used almost exclusively in such applications, the SigMETER analyzes sensor data collected throughout the entire operation.

After learning the definitive parts of the data produced by the insertion press operation, the SigMETER utilizes several of its built-in capabilities to segment the waveform data and apply the appropriate analysis. This unique ability provides information pertaining to the root cause of failed parts significantly reducing false rejects and more importantly identifying substandard presses attributing to appreciable warranty repair issues.

thank you bernie_carlton for the link , yep , the applications mentioned inside the link is that what i'm looking for, but still need some tutorials to understand how to build the sigmeter program.

thanks