Problem with 1746-ob32

tgaljar

Hi guys,

I have a problem with 1746-ob32 digital output module for slc 5/03. The problem is that I can’t activate output. Rung is completely true but output is off. even when I force output to on it stays off. Do I need to enter some configuration word like for analogue inputs etc. I’ve searched AB site for manual but only found installation manual with no information about configuration words!!

All the others digital and analog inputs are working fine but outputs not. Does anyone knows solution.

Hi

Have you got the 5/03 in test mode by any chance?

Should be in run or remote run mode to update outputs

Do the leds on the module light up?

regards

kevin

tgaljar said:
I have a problem with 1746-ob32 digital output module for slc 5/03. The problem is that I can’t activate output. Rung is completely true but output is off. even when I force output to on it stays off. Do I need to enter some configuration word like for analogue inputs etc. I’ve searched AB site for manual but only found installation manual with no information about configuration words!!

All the others digital and analog inputs are working fine but outputs not. Does anyone knows solution.

Is this a new install?, have you added anything to the program?

If yes, make sure that you have a JSR if it is not in rung 2 and make sure you are not making the output go low from another place in the program

Post the program and someone will look at it.

good luck

Tgaljar,

There is no configuration necessary for the output module you have mentioned.

1. By stating that the output does not turn on do you mean the indicator LED (located on the front panel of the output card) associated with the specific output is not on? If this is the case then here are the possible causes:

a. You are not in run mode.
b. You are are turning the output on in a ladder file other than ladder file 2 and you have not defined a JSR to have the proecessor scan that logic.
c. You have more than on mechanism in the program for manipulating the output. (more than one OTE instruction referencing the output, an OTE along with an OTU, etc.) The last instruction to manipulate the output before the end of the program scan will dictate the state of the output during the I/O update cycle.

Based on your email though, my bet would be that you simply have not placed the program in run mode, or the program is faulted.

Ed McClure

Thanks people,

There is nothing wrong with ob32, I made mistake because I was setting this output in a subprogram without JSR to call it.

Thanks for yours replies