Restore a CJ1M CPU12

supporter

Hi Guys,

I really need your help, I've a CJ1M CPU12 with an ETN11 ethernet card. When I downloaded an application the CPU went in to STOP and it's now impossible to communicate with the CPU (hostlink/sysmac way) and the ethernet card. Is it possible to restore the PLC to factory settings? I've already removed the battery but the PLC stills shows ERR/ALM when I power up (how long time is needed to wait to be sure that the memory is empty?).

Please advice,

Thanks!
//Supporter

It should not take more than a half hour with the battery disconnected to reset the memory.

The ERR/ALM light could mean different things. This light will be on if there is no END instruction, if the I/O table is not set, etc.

You should be able to connect via TOOLBUS (default for CJ1) to the peripheral port RS232. I think default is also TOOLBUS for the Host port (9 pin).

Let us know if you are still having problems.

Hi,

The power has been disconnected for about 2 hours but still the ERR/ALM LED lighs up when I connected the power a few minutes ago. I also tried to connect to the PLC but without success (tested both Toolbus and Sysmac way).

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

Hello supporter,
Sounds like you may have transfered some bizarre port settings when you transfered the application. (Check 'Settings' in the Project Tree).

If this is the case, then...
Set the PLC DIP switch settings as follows...
Set sw 4 to OFF - auto detect CX-P parameters at peripheral port.
Set sw 5 to ON - auto detect CX-P parameters at 232 port.

Set the Peripheral and / or 232 port settings (in the 'Network Settings' of the 'Change PLC' dialogue to default values. Tick the Baud Rate auto-detect checkbox.
Then from the 'PLC' menu, select 'Auto Online'.

Hope this helps

Hi Paulus,

Thanks for your help, the problem occured when I downloaded an application over ethernet. I tested your suggestions above but when I changed SW5 to OFF I where able to connect to the PLC using Hostlink.

Now I've another problem. I can not clear the error in the PLC, the error is: IO Setting Error. I've downloaded a new (and empty) application but still the ERR/ALM LED lights up, any suggestions?

//Supporter

supporter said:
Now I've another problem. I can not clear the error in the PLC, the error is: IO Setting Error. I've downloaded a new (and empty) application but still the ERR/ALM LED lights up, any suggestions?

//Supporter
Hello Supporter,
You probably need to create the IO table.
Switch the PLC into Program Mode, double click the IO Table Component in the Project Workspace.
Select 'Options' menu and 'Create'.
Click 'Yes' to the confirmation dialogues.
That should do it.

Taufik,
Welcome to a great forum.

Thank you for finding a thread that related to your issue.

You are one of few that worked to find an answer to your issue.

Another good resource is MRPLC.com

We all look forward to your contributions.

Hello Guys,
i have an NX1P2 and i have some issue with communication, in the plc we have 3 lights Net run, net error and link/acc. when i connect the RJ45 all lights are off. Also i can't ping the IP address from my PC

i would like to know if there are some option that i can do factory rest from the dip switch.

please let me know.