OT AB 1494V blues

BudW

Please be advised that AB has started to send out a new style replacement to the 1494V series disconnects. If you get this new style (Series 2 & 3) the old part numbers for the Accessories, Fuse Covers, Auxiliary contacts and Connecting Rods will not fit the disconnect. It looks like this switch is not backward compatible. I found this out after telling an Electrician he was nuts when he said that the disconnect that he had been using for a long time would not fit the hole pattern (on the back plane) he had been using forever. We also discovered that the Aux contacts did not fit the Disconnect.
Why would AB use the same part number for a new style part? Why would the distributors not inform or warn us of these changes?

See also attached link.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/qr/1494v-qr001_-en-p.pdf

Constant Changes....

The only dependable thing in the world is continual change. I think most of use would be happy with fewer changes and a little more continuity and reliability.