Exter Touch Screen Data Exchange

plcnovel

Hi There
I am using Exter HMI Touch Screen (T100 Series) as a data exchange medium between COmpact Logix PLC and a DCS over Modbus network. Some how in my main exter program, i can not able to use Data xchange wizard to communicate between PLC and a MDBUS Simulator running on my PC. However, if i use my test program for Exter to communicate through exhange data wizard, it works just fine. I dont know either its a memory issue (may be my main exter program is too large that can't accomodate the exchange)..... the error i am receving is "2:Failed to connect driver!" on the screen. Does anybody experience this problem? please help me......

"2:Failed to connect driver" means that driver 2 is not connected to the PLC (meaning that HMI is not communicating with PLC 2 (in this case Modbus Master?)). If you have any kind of communication error message the data exchange will not be performed since there is no idea to exchange data if one of the drivers is not communicating with the PLC. I suggest that you check your modbus settings and make sure that they are correct.

Let me know if you need more help (you can also upload your application so that we can check your settings)

//Supporter

Hi,

If you disconnect the communication cable you will get a "1: Comm error" message. This message will appear when the driver has failed to get a response within the configured number of retries (default = 3 retries). When this happens the driver will enter "low-poll"-mode and try to re-establish communication every 10 seconds (this time is also configurable in the driver properties).

//Supporter

Thanks SUPPORTER!! So, what does the "Failed to connect driver" message indicate exactly? I know it has something to do with the driver not communicating, but why would this be? RB