intouch + data base link

rancalifa

hi guys,

i am planning a control sys with an HMI base on intouch . i want to make a connection between the DB (MY SQL) to the intouch ( the intouch would store relevat data in the SQL and the user would see and analyze the data with the help of a GUI (develop with c#) . any way how can i make this connection ? does INTOUCH got any built in function for it ?

thanks for you'r help

ran

I've linked it with Access a few years back. You have to ensure you set up links in the ODBC manager and connect links in a start-up script.

What version of InTouch are you using? You could use an add on called SQL Access Manager. Here is a quote from the PDF.

WonderwareFactorySuiteSQL Access Manager allows you to access,modify, create and delete tables in a database. A database stores information in tables that share a common attribute or field. Structured Query Language (SQL) is the language used to access that information.

This PDF file comes with your copy of InTouch if you are having problems finding let me know and I can send it to you.

It's 45K over the limit on this board or I would have uploaded it....

Last edited: