Need sample S7 program for ABB ACS800 contorl on PROFIBUS

Alpha

Hi, does any one has sample S7 project about ABB ACS800 control on PROFIBUS?
I have serched the 'whole' web to find something about it, but so much about MM4XX comunication via profibus and nothing useful for ABB ACS.
In my project i need use ACS800 as speed controller with torque limit.
THX
🍻

You need the GSD file, which ABB would provide and place in you hardware library, to select in S7 Hardware Config. Select which format you want, PPO, PP1, etc, all these would be described in the ABB profibus interface manual.

Basically their to do with the amount of information that you are planning to send and recieve, basic is normally 2 send words (control bits and speed reference) and 2 receive words (status bits and actual speed).

You may need to use standard profibus FC's if you select other than basic comms, otherwise you can address simply as I/O as ranged in the Hardware Config.

Alpha,

The ACS800 uses PPO types too. So you can use the Siemens blocks too and just change the control word names to fit the ABB structure. If you need further info let me know. There is a Siemens PPO4 block under the download section in PLCS.NET
Get the GSD file from ABB and use the Siemens block with PPO type 4

I have an spx drive (by eaton) with the profidrive profile. I am trying to program it using codesys. I downloaded the GSD file, chose the PPO type, and addressed the variables to the hardware. I'm trying to simulate by writing variables into the Control word and reference but nothing comes out in the Status and Actual value. HEEEEEELP !!

Send it a 400 hex or make sure bit 10 is sent
Do you see this in the receive area of the drive?

Does this drive have comm lights that indicate basic comms are ok?

Can you enable the drive with a 47f ?

Last edited:
Steps Ive gone through:
1. CHose a DP master
2. Append: and chose the drive GSD
3. Chose PPO3
4. the OUtputs IW6,IW8, QW2,QW4
all i did was define the Variables (CW,SW,REF,ACT) to their appropriate addresses.

I tried writing 400 and 47f hex to the Control word but nothing came out to the Status.

I cant tell anything about the comm. lights because i haven't connected the drive yet. I'm just writing the program and trying to simulate.I'd really appreciate it if you had a look at the codesys program.

Thanks