D0-06lcd.........

XtremeIN

Hello,
I am looking for someone that has experience in using the snap in LCD display for AD/Koyo 06 PLC line. I have a program written to control a water pretreatment system. It was merged into a self contained system (pretreatment and filtration). My issue is the contained system already had an HMI, so it was a matter of adding the logic abd making new screens. My company would like to use this in house system to replace a system we buy. The cost of the hradware, mostly the HMI, makes it hard to use our system and save enough money over the bought system. There is alot of information that is displayed and inputed via the HMI. How well can this be done via the LCD display. If more information is needed let me know.
Thanks,
Micheal

Not well at all.
The LCD is meant to provide minimal info technicians, and is not capable of entering data into the PLC.

This isn't a point where you can save money IMO.

Marc

XtremeIN said:
How about an EZText panel? If not could someone suggest an inexpensive HMI?
Thanks,
Micheal

The EZText isn't my favorite product. I'd say you'll spend more $$$$ in time configuring it & training then you would save over buying the C-More.

I know $$$$ is king, but this really isn't a spot where you can save $$$$ & retain the features you want to keep.

We use the LCD to display fault codes and operational modes etc. You can indeed view and change Vmem values, but it's not really intended as an operator interface. The LCD suits us well, only because the only time it's used is when there is a trained tech doing a repair or adjustment on the unit, which occurs once or twice a year...maybe.

XtremeIN said:
We use AVG HMI's and get a pretty good discount due to volume. Micheal
It's hard to beat AVG. They work well at a reasonable price (haven't tried C'More yet).

For lowest price, check out the Blue Series from Maple. A 3 inch Graphic LCD. I haven't tried it yet, but looks like you get quite a bit for $179.00.

I recently did a simple project with a OP420 panel and a DL06. It should have been simple, but programming was a pain. An HMI is built on a Single Board PC platform. The CPU and operating system does most of the work for you.
With a basic text panel, you do the work. Operator enters a number and presses Enter. Your PLC code looks for the Enter button, and determines what to do next. Almost everything must be managed by the Ladder. That means you do parallel programming. Every line of text or data entry field must have associated code in the ladder to manage it. You get sick of it real fast. I don't know if the Maple 3 inch is like this, or if it's smart like an HMI. Even if it requires ladder to manage it, it may be worth it if you're doing volume.

Maple just released a 6 inch TFT Color for $600.00. I used Maple for a 10 inch project about a year ago. I don't like the graphics of the buttons they offer. The look and feel of AVG's buttons are much nicer, but you can still make a good looking panel with Maple's buttons. One nice thing about Maple is a fully analog touch panel. It's sized by pixel, not fixed grid blocks. You can make buttons any size you want, and the touch screen follows.

Last edited:
Text Panels are Obsolete

Just checked the Maple Blue Series manual. It is a smart type of HMI, with a CPU.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom