1747-Base & Hyperterminal

eleganzase

I am connecting to a 1747-BASE in an SLC 5/05 system running hypertermiaal at 19200 baud, 8 data bits, No parity, 1 stop bit and Xon/Xoff. I can stop the running program with CTRL C, but I can't type at the > command prompt. I have to restart by cycling power. There is an operational program in the module and no recent backup. Any suggestions? Bob

You could try cycling the key in the CPU to re-start. In general, you will be better off using RSLinx to connect to the PLC.

Make sure that you have the echo typed characters locally setting checked in hyperterminal. You should be able to view the current program by typing "list"

Thank you; It took a few minutes to find the echo selection in hyperTerminal. I also found a suggestion to select VT100 terminal mode. I'll have to try to access the basic module again on Monday with these suggestions. I already tried typing list followed by enter but it didn't list the program. the same is true of run followed by enter. The previous owners of the packaging machine installed a power disconnect for the remote rack so all I had to do was cycle the power to restart the programs.

Check the DIP switch settings for the programming port setting. I don't have a manual here, but I think JW4 sets the programming port. The speed defaults to 1200 if I remember rightly, but you can change it with MODE() once you're connected.

JW4 is set to default, and I do have a mode command setting the program port to 19200,N,8,,,

I tried the echo setting along with the VT100 emulation. Ctrl C still works and I now see the echo, but neither the List nor run commands have any effect on the program. Cycle the power to the rack and the programs take off.

The default (factory) setting for JW4 is set for DH485 program port, and port 1 & 2 as ASCII ports. Try changing the jumpers to make port 1 the programming port.

Try setting up hyperterminal of the default communication settings of 1200, 8, N, 1. It might be that it is not accepting your port paramter settings. Typically the mode command is used to configure the port for the communication settings that are used when the programming is executing. I generally have the first lines of my program set the port paramters using the mode command

This is the start of one of the four Basic module programs as saved 10/14/03. Even if it was written in PBASE I should still be able to list it on the terminal?

1 REM LOGOMAT S.r.l.
2 REM Via V.Bellini n.6 Bologna Italia
3 REM Tel.+39-(0)51-6260070
4 REM Equipement title: Basic Chart 1747-BAS
5 REM Application software title: 1747-PBASE
6 REM Application software version: 2.00
7 REM Program file name: 1O6_101.txt
8 REM Program version: 1.01
9 REM Software Language: Intel Basic 52
10 REM Software Author: Gualandi M.
11 REM Date: 07/10/1999
12 REM*************************************************************
15 REM Pc programming port parameter (PRT1)
20 REM*************************************************************
25 MODE (PRT1,19200,N,8,,,)
30 REM*************************************************************
35 REM MARKEM comunication parameter (PRT2)
40 REM*************************************************************
45 MODE (PRT2,4800,N,8,1,,)
50 REM*************************************************************
55 REM "MARKEM 3 LENGTH OF STRINGS (AST./CODE 128 SIDE)"
60 REM*************************************************************
65 STRING 2600,128 : REM "STRING BUFFER SETUP"
70 DIM Q(3) : DIM V(3) : REM "Q,V ARRAY SET"
75 REM*************************************************************
80 REM Before Running Program wait 4 seconds
85 REM*************************************************************

I don't use PBASE, only hyperterminal, so I can't be sure about that. But in the PBASE manual it says:

"After successfully translating a .BDL file, a new file is created using the same name but with the .BAS extension. The .BAS file contains the BASIC language version of your program, including line numbers."

so I guess you should be able to list the program even if it was written in PBASE.

[font=&quot]I do not use PBASE either. I was told by Allen Bradley tech support to use hyper terminal and not PBASE. I use hyper terminal but most of the time I use Q-Modem, It is more flexible.

Chek out the files I attached
[/font]

I resorted to Procomm which I have used in the past and it worked fine. I then compared the settings to hyperterminal and found that I needed to use none for flow control. Now I can stop (CTRL C), List and run the basic module program. Thank you for working thru this with me.