OT: Excuses for Missing Work

cntrlfrk

Just to kick off the weekend with preparations for how to make it a 3-day weekend....
[size=+2][/size]
[size=+2]Excuses For Calling in Sick[/size]
1. The voices told me to clean all the guns today.

2. When I got up this morning, I took two Ex-Lax in addition to my Prozac. I can't get off the john, but I feel good about it.

3. I set half the clocks in my house ahead an hour and the other half back an hour Saturday and spent 18 hours in some kind of space-time continuum loop, reliving Sunday (right up until the explosion). I was able to exit the loop only by reversing the polarity of the power source exactly e*log(pi) clocks in the house while simultaneously rapping my dog on the snout with a rolled up Times. Accordingly, I will be in late, or early.

4. I can't come in to work today because I'll be stalking my previous boss, who fired me for not showing up for work. Okay?

5. Yes, I seem to have contracted some attention-deficit disorder and, hey, how about them Skins, huh? So, I won't be able to, yes, could I help you? No, no, I'll be sticking with Sprint, but thank you for calling.

6. The dog ate my car keys. We're going to hitchhike to the vet.

7. I prefer to remain an enigma.

8. My mother-in-law has come back as one of the Undead and we must track her to her coffin to drive a stake through her heart and give her eternal peace. One day should do it.

9. I am converting my calendar from Julian to Gregorian.

10. I am extremely sensitive to a rise in the interest rates.

11. I refuse to travel to my job in the District until there is a commuter tax. I insist on paying my fair share.

12. I'm feeling a little disgruntled this morning. You think I should come in?

Have a good (long) weekend!

Phone Message left at the Work-Phone:
I died last night, at 8 pm... of a massive coronary! Obviously, I can't come in today! However, don't be surprised if I show up tomorrow... or maybe the next day. If I do... then, maybe... just maybe... you ought to consider getting on my good-side.

Jeezzz... Major Segue Alert!

Speaking of massive coronary... Ken Lay... dead of a massive coronary... Yeah! Maybe!

Hmmm...

- A 64-year-old man facing a long prison sentence...
- A man simply waiting to be incarcerated... for a long time...
- A man of GREAT wealth...
- A man with VERY powerful friends...
- A man with imagination (creating Enron out of nothing!)...

Hmmm... is it possible, or is it even slightly possible, for a VERY rich-man, with VERY powerful friends (he was, after all, in Bush's private Cabinet), to... die... but then, only sorta die, maybe just... kinda die... but not really die at all?

As of yet, there has not been a publically validated autopsy verifying the identity of the victim.

So far, nothing more than a Doctor's signature... and a wife's verification of the identity of the victim. Don't you think the wife would go along with "the scheme"?

Yeah, she'll have to wait awhile until she gets back together with him (if she really wants to, at all)... but then, until then, she is the Heir-Apparent... with a HUGE bunch of bucks! She can't lose!

Naaa... that wouldn't happen... not in the USA! That couldn't happen! Or... could it???

How about this... Have you ever heard of the "Witness Protection Program"? You know... the one where those people that have gained favor with the government just sorta... disappear and end up with a complete new existence somewhere out of sight, out of attention... kinda like, Retirement!

I ask you... COULD IT HAPPEN???

Put aside the assumed conspiracy-craziness and answer the question!

Could it possibly happen?

Ooohhh... the man was under terrific stress... it's no wonder he died of a massive coronary...

What about the stress associated with knowing that one is, illegally, screwing all of the investors and all of those that are (were) depending on the Enron Retirement Plan?

Yeah... Right!

Hmmm...

I wouldn't be surprised if Cheney has a "massive coronary"... at a time particularly convenient... for him. I'll bet that he won't even let his lesbian daughter in on the truth!

Damn! Now I've gone and hi-jacked yet another thread and put a bizarre political bent on it! Oooops! Sorry!

(75)

The sum of the first five pentagonal numbers, 1, 5, 12, 22, 35, 75 is a pentagonal pyramid number. It is also an eneagonal or nonagonal number.

An age I am not destined, nor really want, to achieve.

Terry Woods said:
Speaking of massive coronary... Ken Lay... dead of a massive coronary... Yeah! Maybe!

Terry,

He did not die until they announced the large fines that were going to seek 90mil I think...

As he sits in Mexico sipping a ****tail...heart failure? No not yet, that will be from his new wife...

BTW even after Ron's explanation (75)? I don't get it, was that the 75th thread you hijack?..thats a bit on the low side..

BTW even after Ron's explanation (75)? I don't get it, was that the 75th thread you hijack?..thats a bit on the low side..
It is a game, more or less, where Terry ends his threads with numbers and you determine the significance.

Ok...so the scary part was, I was playing the game not even knowing

This will be good, I have been trying to figure out Terryā€™s demented mind for over a year now:unsure: ...now it will be public, will Terry ever give us the answer?...Iā€™m in, I want to play..(y)

George... let it ride. Let's see where it goes.

Git, go for it, knock yerself out!

Ron, I can't believe that you don't remember!

Ken Lay in H-E-Double Hockey sticks.
Coffee%20Mug%20-%20Far%20Side%20Just%20Not%20Reaching%20That%20Guy.jpg

If Terry replied now, I believe the 'code' would be (275), does that help you figure it out Mark?

He also used to leave little coded messages for Eric Nelson, I haven't seen one of those for a while, come to think of it, I haven't 'seen' Eric around for a while. Any of you guys from that side of the pond in contact with him? How's he doing?

Edit....

I see from another post that I read, after replying to this one, that you know what the numbers mean Mark, I also read that Ron hasn't forgotten, I didn't think he would!

Paul

Last edited:
PLucas said:
He also used to leave little coded messages for Eric Nelson, I haven't seen one of those for a while, come to think of it, I haven't 'seen' Eric around for a while. Any of you guys from that side of the pond in contact with him? How's he doing?

I have not seen him, but I was on a thread yesterday that he replied to, a loooong time ago to...so I'm still learning from him:)

My ears were burning...

Nice to see I still get mentioned here from time to time... :cool:

I'm not doing much, if any, programming lately. We started a permanent second shift here, so I'm now functioning as shift supervisor... :sleep:

I stop in here ocassionally, but don't have the time anymore to keep up with the MASSIVE amount of daily posts here... :site:

šŸ»

-Eric

(416) (LU2TW)