Bosch Rexroth Indramat

Ron's information is correct.

Just to expand on this a little, as Ron said Syntop works with the SYNAX (SYNchronized AXes) firmware for the PPC and CLC motion controllers. SYNAX allows you to do electronic gearing, registration and simple moves on axes sychronixed either to a virtual master or to one another. SYNAX made it's name in shaftless printing press applications. Syntop is basically a fill-in-the-blanks format to allow easy design and commissioning of synchronized web lines. Syntop will only work with the PPC or CLC controllers, not with individual drives.

Drivetop allows direct connection to the Indramat servo drives, including the Indradrive, as Ron mentioned, as well as the Ecodrive3 and, I belive, the DIAX04 drives. Drivetop will only allow adjustment of drive-based function. So it won't allow you to edit any of the SYNAX stuff.

These are two different software packages for two different platforms.
Keith

DriveTop works on DIAX03, DIAX04, and of course, the new IndraDrives.

You can think of Synax another way. If it has to do with the SERCOS ring, you need Synax. If its just drive parameters, DriveTop. The kicker is that _almost_ anything you can do with DriveTop, you can do with Synax.

Inside a PPC, there's also the possibility of one of two different programs running, the ML (Motion Logic), or M(I don't remember) for the SYNAX I/O mapper.

I/O mapper has very limited logic, and basically connects drive status and command bits to other bits.

Motion Logic is a verson of CoDeSys programming, to the IEC 61131 standard, and very powerful.

One other thing....each drive has a firmware module, matched to the application, and the drive configuration.

Each PPC also has a firmware module, depending on the industry, and choice of Motion Logic or Mapper (you can't have both).