slc100 and password problems

sparx

got a slc100 and am using pcis to program. there is a program on slc100 and it requires me to enter a password to clear it with the pcis software. the manuals state to use handheld programmer enter 940 to clear, but the software wont take/use the same method. anyone know how to clear the program (memory) from the slc100 either by software or other. I tried pulling the battery and letting sit for week but program still active (of corse-but if I wanted it to stay it wouldn't have). any help would be appreciated. I already pilled it appart and tried shorting anything I could find. HELP. sparx:

al20070215a.JPG

Edit:
I looked in the PCIS software manual and this is what I found:
When the SLC is password proteced, you will be prompted for a password when you:
1. Read the ladder diagram from the SLC to the work area.
2. Clear the ladder diagram from the SLC

There are 996 possibilities, 001 to 999 excluding 356, 712, and 940. Unfortunately the password is stored in the SLC and not in the program file.

Last edited:
HI! this is from sparx. quick reply. I got a handheld programmer and cleared the memmory that way. I don't know if I could enter 900 passwords. Thanks to everyone that replyed! Cheers ;)

Could you post the PCIS instructions on how to enter the 940-CLEAR, the link you posted requires a contract & I'm an independent contractor that can't afford such luxuries. And I don't want to clear the processor memory, then I would have to completely reprogram the customers machine.

Could you post the PCIS instructions on how to enter the 940-CLEAR, the link you posted requires a contract & I'm an independent contractor that can't afford such luxuries. And I don't want to clear the processor memory, then I would have to completely reprogram the customers machine.

Here is a link to the manual.

http://www.plctrainer.net/PCISManual.pdf

See page 6-2 of the manual that is in the link Mickey posted.
The same info is on page 4-7 in the manual in the link below. It tells you how when using a pocket (hand held) programmer.
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1745-um001_-en-p.pdf

Last edited: