How to config

yfcarer

Hi, friends.

I am now using RSLOGIX 5000 V15.01.00. And my AI module is IF8. But I cannot find how to config the IO module. Can anybody help me to find a document about how to config the IO module in RSLOGIX 5000 V15.01.00?

All IO modules works well if I use a RSLOGIX 5000 V13 to config.

Have you checked if you need to upgrade the firmware of your IF8 when going from V 13 to V15 ?
Similar happened to me but with 1769-IR6I works fine with V15 but not with V13.

widelto

I will not swear to this but...

You should not have to update the firmware of the I/O module.

You can configure it with code through the Tag Database or by right clicking on the module and going to properties tab.

What do you mean by "But I cannot find how to config the IO module"? You don't know how, or something is missing?

I am ASSuming you mean a 1756-IF8?

If you can give more information, better help can be provided.

RSL

Hi, RSL.

Thanks for your reply. Things is like below.

The system is like: CompactLogix CPU(1769-L35E) + 1769 IO modules(IF8 and OF8C). The program software is RSLOGIX 5000(V15).

I can find the corresponding IO modules (for example 1769-IF8) when I click "New module...". After giving it a name, selecting the slot, then I press OK to add it.
Then I need to config it so that it can know which kind of signals we are wiring to it, which data type it should provide to us.
......Trouble comes now......
We can not find how to config these parameters in the manual or material on website. When we try to config it as described in documents for Rslogix5000(V13), it doesn't work.

We find the configuration windows are not exactly same between V15 and V13. We can find the documents described how to config IO module in V13, but we cannot find the same kind of documents for V15.

Is it clear like a mud?

Thanks in advance.

The 1769-IF8 has an I/O module entry in the v15 software, but not in the v13 or previous software. RSLogix 5000 will create a set of Controller Tags that are associated with the 1769-IF8 module.

These will appear in the Controller Scope tag organizer as "Local:slot:C" and :I and :O tags. The ":C" tags are for configuration.

The values you put into those tags (like "range" and "data format") should be defined in the previous documentation for v13 that you already have.

When you change one of these values, the module needs to be re-initialized. You can send a MSG instruction to re-configure the module, or you can cycle power, or you can inhibit and un-inhibit the module.

I think that the 1769 analog modules are planned to get I/O profiles in v16, as part of the Add-On Profiles that already are used to configure 1734 POINT and 1738 POINT Armor modules.

I am sorry for the confusion yfcarer, I should have read your post better.

You said it was Compact Logix, I should have paid more attention. I really should not try and reply to posts after working all night.

As usual Ken has supplied a great answer and explanation for your problem.

Thanks Ken

RSL