Control Logix data from TI575 PLC

russrmartin

Hey guys, I"m just curious if anyone knows if this is possible. I need to read data from a TI processor, and I need to get it to a CLogix5000. We have a SST VME backplane module in the TI rack, but I have never used this before. I'm not even sure what command, if any there is in CL to go and retrieve the data. I think there is a generic read or something that you then configure where you want it to go, but I'm not sure what it is right off the top of my head. I'm currently digging, and will post my methodology when this is complete. I'm just looking for the simplest way to do this. Thanks.

Russ

Last edited:
A little better explanation this time. I was hoping that I could use some sort of an MSG to get the data into the ControlLogix via ethernet. It appears like the MSG will not work over ethernet, I think. We are currently getting data out of the TI processor to a Fix system via the SST card I mentioned above. I am just trying to duplicate that somehow, and get the data into a CL5000 PLC rather than the Fix system. Thanks.

Russ

Last edited:
russrmartin said:
A little better explanation this time. I was hoping that I could use some sort of an MSG to get the data into the ControlLogix via ethernet. It appears like the MSG will not work over ethernet, I think. We are currently getting data out of the TI processor to a Fix system via the SST card I mentioned above. I am just trying to duplicate that somehow, and get the data into a CL5000 PLC rather than the Fix system. Thanks.

Russ

MSG works over Ethernet. It supports CIP generic on the CLX 5000 end, and I don't know what the TI supports.

I believe the 1756-EWEB does raw TCP/IP messaging.
If you forum search the EWEB, I believe there was a similiar application done.

I am not familiar with Ethernet MSGs. When I set the comms path, it only shows the ethernet module defined in the PLC rack. I would assume that I need to identify the actual device that I wish to read from, correct? I'm unsure of how to get this path set. Thanks for the response.

Russ

Exactly what model of VME card from SST are you running ?

I have used SST's VME-bus ControlNet card, but you seem to be saying that it's an Ethernet card in the VME chassis.

Are we talking about the same "SST"; I mean the old Sutherland-Schultz Technologies, now owned by Woodhead Connectivity.

Which model of TI controller is this ? [Edit; I see you said it's a 575 in the title; I am more familiar with the 545.)

Update

Ok, I did some actual running around, and digging. The iFIX is actually using a TI module 505-CP2572 comms module, which is connected to ethernet. So, the SST card stuff is out. Basically, I just need to manage to read a block of data using this ethernet module in the TI rack. But, I have no idea how to do this.

Last edited: