2phase stepper control, how to?

yammi5125

Hi there,

I want to use my FX1s mitsubishi PLC to control my OM 2phase stepper motor.

I just need a simple program at this moment, only can drive this 2phase motor run forward and reverse is enough.

But how to write this ladder code?

Hope someone out there can give me a hand, and thanks

Poh

What stepper amplifier are you using.
Does it support pulse/direction format?
Is it already properly connected to PLC? If not, what is the amplifier inputs electrical format?

I'm using CD2112 for my PK245 2phase stepper motor. Actually I know that there is a function call - PLSY to output a series of pulse to this driver. But I just donno how to write in the ladder program to make it reverse and forward operation.

Another PLC input must control the direction.
PLSY is not the best instruction for the stepper control since it does not itself apply acceleratio/decelearation.
See PLSR, DRVA and DRVI instructions in the programming manual.

Thank for your reply,

I've write a program in my GX developer, but just donno why it cannot use the simulator to monitor the output. I suspect I wrote a wrong format, that's why I hope somebody can give me some sample code for driving this stepper motor forward / reverse