Cp340

Wim

Hi all,

Who knows the difference between the P_Send and the P_Send_OLD function blocks for sending data with the CP340? Is the choice of the functionblock dependend on what CPU is used?

Thanks

Link in previous message may not work. Here is simple explanation from Siemens web page:

The "old FBs" remain in the block library under different no.’s, so that users with legacy CPUs (*) in which the SFBs 52/53 (RDREC/WRREC) are not implemented, can at least work with the old FB versions!
à FB102 / FB3 (P_SEND, Version 1.3) à[ FB2 (P_RCV, Version 1.2) FB104 ]àFB103 / FB4 (P_PRINT, Version 1.1)

(*) S7-300 CPUs with MMC support the SFBs 52/53 as from firmware version V2.0
S7-400 CPUs support the SFBs 52/53 as from firmware version FW V3.0

Similar Topics

Hallo, I have Tia Portal V16 and I'm upgrading an older machine. That machine has a component running on rs232. The machine has still the old...
Replies
Views
Hi all, i have a module from b&r automation and i am want to get the data from it, but the com port is already taken. Is it possible to monitor...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning to use the 300 series in redundacy by using two cpus, and IM153 modules in Profibus DP. I am having some problems with my...
Replies
Views
Hi, been looking everywhere for this info but cant find it. Does anyone know if the CP340 RS232 card supplies 5v to Pin 9. Thanks
Replies
Views
Hello, We have a Sartorius CP scale connected via RS232 to the PLC. All was working well but when the scale was replaced with a newer version...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom