PanelView to PanelViewPlus

hkg

Hi All,

I am an assignment from my boss to upgrade the AB PanelView to AB PanelViewPlus. I read through that the RSViewME installed in PanelViewPlus can automatic convert the file in panelbuilder32 format to RSViewME format. This is reliable? Would there be any distortion / loss after the convertion? How to check if there is any loss?

Does anyone also have some similar experience? Thanks!

HKG

I have used this function before. I really don't like using it, but it works well if you are talking about a purely text-style application. Resizing is required, and the system will function. All in all, the application works, but IMO, I would re-develop with your own new BMPs and code.

It works, just check the convert.txt file after the conversion, this list all the objects that did not convert successfully. Also all your tags will automatically convert to HMI tags. Your processor name that was in pb32 will now be your shortcut, so make sure when you config rslinx enterprise your shortcut matches what you see in [ ] in your HMI tag database.

It works but the end result is a PV+ project with the same features that a standard has. I have always found it better to re-write to take advantage of the more powerful platform.
Regards Alan Case

It also gets a lttle tricky if the original programmer created PV tags and RSLogix 500 symbols seperately. The HMI tag databese will show the PV tags but they won't match the RSLogix Symbol name even though they point to the same place. Can be a little confusing especially if you want to modify or add things to the HMI by using the Import PLC tags and take them from the alternate database, (the RSLogix 500 file). Excel comes in very handy in these situtations and can be a life saver if you have a boatload of tags.

Marc

Thanks a lot!

However, I would like to know if RSLINX Classic can be used instead of RSLINX ENTERPRISE during the PV+ programming.

More Question for your kindly assistance:
Q1:
In the PV code, there is an customer-made alarm screen, and this would be a problem during the convertion?
Q2:
Moreover, in general, the graphic and touch button would also be 100% convertable to PV+ by simple using the RSViewME as in the PV+?
Q3:
The PV is now using DH+ connnecting to the PLC-5 processor, the communication setting would not change after the convertion? Or, I need to fine tune the setting again?

Thanks!

having done this a few times myself.. I have turfed out the panelview standard app and started fresh with the PV+.

I would

0.5 stick with linx enterprise. It works with DH+ by itself nicely but you cant browse through ethernet to DH+

1.Make a new alarming screen. PV+ME behaves different to PVstd.

2.Generally they transfer over ok. But why bother when you have loverly graphics and stuff on the PV+ that your wasting

3.comms setting will remain the same. unless you have ethernet which comes standard on the logic module so you can get away without buying the DH485/DH+ comms module... save some $

Thanks so much for your reply!

I have better understand on the 'convertion' now.

However, I would also like to know about the hardware installation difference between PV900 (current) and PV+1000 (new). I checked the AB manual, they both have the same cut-out dimension on the panel. But how about the mounting? I suppose so. Any idea?

I know for sure the PV1000+ key is a direct drop in replacement for the PV900. Did one about a month ago...

they have a similar clamp arrangement to the 900.. Back is much lower profile which may free up some room in the panel