TCP Smartscreen Screen edits

russrmartin

Hi guys. I have a TCP smartscreen that I need to password protect. My first problem is getting the archive which is supposed to have my files in it open. All I can find is a file name, and it has no file extension. I will assume that all the picture files are in this file. I can run my offline editor, but have no picture files to load, and I"m unsure of how to get them. This stuff is old, but I'm hoping someone out there remembers it.

Russ

Hi Russ,
Change the filename to filename.a
Create a new directory because if it works it will create 2 to 3 files for each screen you have, plus additional ones and locate the file there. Go into offline editor and select the sub-directory where your file is located. Now select fragment files, your filename.a should show up. when you select and enter, you should be able to go into explorer and see many files in that folder if it worked. Start there if you want me to go further, let me know.
George

Thanks

Thanks for the response. Your suggestion is what I needed to do. I can now open all pic files with a variable attached to them. My final goal is to password protect 1 setup screen. I will not have a chance to work on this much until late this afternoon, but I may trouble you for assistance with that as well. Thanks again.

Russ

I will take a guess, but are you doing this on the computer or directly on the smartscreen? If this is from the computer, do you have the dongle plugged into the parallel port? Otherwise, I will have to see if I can find my old books.
George

No dongle

Nope, at the moment I'm trying to do this on a computer. I have made edits before though, and never remembered using a dongle. That's not to say that I didn't though, I just don't remember. I'm not currently working on it this week, as I'm closing another project. I'll give it another shot next week.

Russ