S7 300 and OP7 (E4027: Synchronization faulty)

Platenkamp

Hello there, I am new with plc-s.

So I have done a bit WinCC and Step7 programming, this all worked fine.

Now I whanted to connect a OP7 to the PLC through MPI (Protool).
This shouldn't be a had thing but somhow it doesn't work.

I get the message:
- No Connection to the OP

Message from Protool
-Establishing the serial connection at COM 2 with 38400 baud...
- E4027: Synchronization faulty
-No connection to the OP!

Additional info:
- PLC S7 315
- OP7 6AV3 607-1JC20-0AX1

Also I cant find what the [4]dip-swits is doing at the back of the OP7

In Step7 I have connected the both (PLC && OP7) to the MPI with the PLC adres 2 and the OP at adres 3
I also checked in Protool -> controllers that it had the right ajustments.

I have no Idea what I am doing wrong.

I think you wanted to connect ProTool to OP, if you seen this message. Before setting up this connection you must to switch the OP to transfer mode and receive message "Ready for transfer" at it's screen. See this link (it's suitable for OP7 too):

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?func=cslib.csinfo&objaction=csopen&objid=11692347&idx0=O&nav0=tree&lang=en&siteid=cseus&aktprim=0&extranet=standard
If a custom configuration is loaded that does not include the standard function "Change mode", you must make a general reset by pressing the key combination"ESC+ CURSOR right + CURSOR down" and then the standard English configuration is loaded.
The power on the OP must be switched off before pressing the 3-key combination. The 3-key combination must be pressed and held when the power is switched on again on the OP.
Warning - if you do this, OP memory is cleared and you will loss the project stored in it!

Last edited:
I now receive the message on the OP7:
- READY FOR TRANSFER

The defice whent into this mode afer pressing the three buttons while putting the power back on.

But :( still I get no connection.
In Step7 I get the error:
- Download (724:38)
-OM TD/OP: Error while downloading

Maybe a stupid question but:
- I use a cable from the PLC to the OP7 (MPI) ontop of this is the cable (MPI) connected from the PLC to the computer (default cable from Siemens MPI/DP).
- the 2 conectors ontop of eachother are stuck in the first input from the PLC (X1MPI)

I asume this cant be the problem?

Last edited:
Hm, I used an OP7 a long time ago... Newer panels support programming through MPI and DP, OP7 - may be, but I amn't sure. I used RS232 cable for downloading and did it from ProTool. Try to download from ProTool.

Hi,

Do you have MPI selected in the menu FILE/DOWNLOAD/PREFERENCES in Protool?

if its set to serial your transfer will fail.

Thinking about it, my initial download was made via a serial cable. I then created a Screen in which you could select your download type.

I'm not sure if you can transfer initially using MPI.

connecting pc to plc

hello all..
i w'd like to connect my plc s7-300 to a desktop pc to change its software , but i dont have a ppi cable .. please advice me if i can connect the pc to plc via op7?... i mean if i connect pc to op7 and connect op7 to the plc to login plc since op7 can talk to both without adapter!..help me plz