AB SLC 504 Memory Module

bernie_carlton

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
The DTAM Micro display provided a menu where the commands could be given to read or write the memory module in the PLC. Do the Panelview displays have any such capability or is using the RSLogix 500 programming package the only way to do these functions?

I've got half an answer. The DH-485 protocol terminals have a special function where they can perform the Prog/Run/Store/Restore functions equivalent to what the DTAM+/DTAM Micro have behind their Mode key.

The bad news is that this is not true of any of the other protocol versions of the PanelView; not DH+, not Ethernet, not ControlNet, not DF1.

I begged a couple of years ago for this to be added to the DH+ models for one of my OEMs but was not successful in having it adopted.

Thanks for your reply Ken. At least that clears that up. As an end-around I just found out about the 1747-PSD module for performing these functions as well as saving the program off the machine. This may fill my need.