PLC 5/40 BTR and BTW instruction help

de_arnab

Hello,

I'm new here and looking for some help from you all. I'm writing BTR and BTW instructions in RSLogix 500 for a 1794-IE8 card with 1794-ASB adapter (remote IO) and have some questions on each of these intructions.

On the BTR instruction my length is 9 as it got 8 AI channels and the 9th word is the status word. Do I make it continuous or not ? For the control block, I guess I don't have to set up any values for the 5 words that it uses.

On the BTW instruction, do I put the value -256(decimal for 4-20mA) on the write word 0 of the data file? And, how do I choose the length for this instruction? It's a 8-AI card and the user manual don't say how to choose the length specifically. Also, whether it will be continuous or not ?

I read a lot of knowledgebase tech notes from ab.com but they didn't clarify this with a 5/40 controller using 1794-ASB modules. Maybe I missed it. Any kind of help will be appreciated as I'm doing it for the very first time.

Thanks in advance to all of you.
Arnab

Here's a code snippet from a 1771-IFE, should be similar, notice that the write is only preformed when needed. There is also a good read status bit.

blockxfer.png