Micrologix scan time

kbradray

I have been given the task to have an in feed conveyor follow a main conveyor’s position with correction.

I am currently using a Bosch ECO (DKC) drive with an analog signal to feed a product onto a separate conveyor. We are having problems with the product timing, and I have been given this project to correct our problems. I don’t feel that the programming will be my biggest hurdle, rather the scan time on the processor. I am looking to use a micrologix 1100 series processor with a 1769 HSC and 1769 analog output card. The drive being controlled will have to follow the main drive speed with correction. Will the scan time of approx. 2ms be a problem?

Also any programming demonstrations for HSC are welcome.

Hi. The HSC works outside scan times if used correctly.
BUT even if the whole thing is done within scan time (2 msecs) how far will the conveyor move?
Answer 2/10s of bugger all so unless you are trying to synch the conveyors to ridiculous tolerances or the conveyors are moving at the speed of light, then it won't be a problem.
Regards Alan Case

Sounds good thanks for the input. I am just trying to get a 3" product onto the other conveyor, and we are only running at 1700 in/min