Step 7 crash changed my keyboard layout

Following a recent Step 7 editor crash, my English keyboard is now behaving like an American keyboard despite my Regional settings being English UK. I tried changing the Regional settings to English (US) and then back to English (UK) but no joy. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.

(I'm running Windows XP Professional on a Compaq Evo N610c with Step 7 Ver 5.2 + SP1)

Simon,

Have you tried changing the input language on the 'Languages' tab next to the 'Regional Options' tab?

Simon,

Its easy...just move to the US....(y), or sell your PC to someone on this side of the pond.

This brings to mind an aw$hit! that happened to me a couple of years ago.

I usually leave the PC in my office on, all the time, with a process critical-status page on display. This allows the operators and maintenance folks to get a quick look at certain critical issues if necessary. There are many pages that they can go to for details, if necessary.

Back to the aw$hit!...

Since the PC is on-line with the PLC... so is the keyboard.

One day, the keyboard did a crash-and-burn drill... creating copious amounts of spurious noise... across the network... on the way down... thusly bringing the PLC down!

Aw$hit!

I still leave my PC on. (After all, how often does a keyboard die... like that?)