Plant Closing

urlauber1

I want to thank everyone for all the help I have recieved at this site. This forum is a must for anyone working with plc's.
The plant that I work at is closing the doors august 30th .
O'Sullivan Ind. - South Boston, Virginia.
After 25yrs as Electronics Tech. I want to try something different.
I'm tired of the Factory grind.
Thanks again and good luck to everyone.
Dean Jackson

Dean,

I wish you the best in whatever you decide to do. My BP has dropped fifteen points sense leaving the last big company I worked for.

Good luck.

Timothy,

The Chinese are competing well by manipulating Wall Mart and the like. Some of our own companies are terribly mismanaged and are ripe for the plunder.

The sad thing is that to meet the wally-world standard, we are living with lower quality, and cutting our own workforce. Good bad, or indifferent, we are becoming a service based rather than a manufacturing based economy. Services like programming, though, are leaving for overseas as well. We as a country are loosing skills quickly. These are the very skills that made us strong. We are very good at being politically correct, but our kids are loosing the manufacturing edge.

China is losing manufaturing jobs way faster than the US.

It's just the way the world is going, and you can thanks those darn automation folks for a large part of it.