Step 7 License disk copy

PSI_Admin

We have purchased a legit copy of step 7 and wish to save the license disk intact. Can anyone tell me how to make an exact duplicate of the license disk for, say "safekeeping"? I have tried undisker and i get an error when i copy the disk image at sector 2609. Help please !!!!!!

Siemens make a special disk some how that accepts the licence. I think they formatted a few sectors in an interesting way that allows them to check the disk. The down side is that it is beyond most people's capabilities to copy the disk (which was the whole idea).
I have found through past experience that Siemens will normally replace a damaged disk for either no charge or very little. You may like to ask your local Siemens office about their policy for disk replacement if your's is lost, damaged or stops working for some reason.

PSI_Admin...You don't need to copy your authorization disk. If for some reason you lose your authorization or your hard drive crashes etc. etc. just call Siemens and they will "reauthorize" it. {had to do it twice in the past 2 years and they are real nice about it}

Later...Todd

I suggest you to use Norton Ghost or Acronis to make backup of your HDD. I consider this isn't licence agreement violation because that isn't any kind of software distribution. If your HDD crashes, you can simple replace it. License will work.

There should be two licenses on the disk anyway. One full license and also an 'emergency' 14 day license (this used to be the case but can't be sure it still is, you'd have to have a look). So if your computer decides to retire to the great silicon valley in the sky you can still install an emergency license to dig you out the mire until Siemens get a new disk to you.

I got copies of more than 10 legitimates licenses from Rockwell software, however when on of this failed in the past it took me more than two days to get it back to work. I'm in Colombia and I had to wait until they approved that I was under support in order to let me download the replacement.

So since then I got copies of all my licence disk thru a software called Floppy Disk Image that you can download it almost verywhere and it's free.

widelto

Like Gambrinus, I reckon the simplest and best answer for your office PC is Norton Ghost.

On the other hand, if your going to be doing an installation or commissioning job in Timbuktu, with no internet access, then what you need is Floppy Image. With this you can make a byte for byte image copy of the license disk, including the faulty sectors. When I'm working onsite in an unfriendly or inconvenient environment I always have at least two backup copies with me - I've been bitten too often!